I know, it’s a year away, but registration is OPEN for the amazing Christian Fiction Reader’s Retreat taking place in Washington, D.C. April 5-6, 2019.
If you are able, I highly recommend attending this event. The information below comes from the Christian Fiction Reader’s Retreat Page. Please visit them for more information and register soon!
What is CFRR?
“Christian Fiction Readers Retreat is a one day event gathering of Christian Fiction readers and authors. The event’s theme is “Honoring God through Christian Fiction” and will feature speaker sessions, author panels, breakout sessions, prayer & worship and author signings.
An unprecedented event in the Christian Fiction genre, the Christian Fiction Readers Retreat (CFRR) offers an opportunity for readers to meet and chat with authors. The event will include food, games, giveaways and free books. Following a successful 2016 debut in Nashville, and a second one on August 12th in Cincinnati, Ohio, the next CFRR will take place in the Spring of 2019 in the VA/DC/MD area.”
– CFRR Website
What Authors will be OFFICIALLY there?
|Amber Lynn Perry||Gabrielle Meyer||Megan Whitson Lee|
|Becca Whitham||Janet Ferguson||Melissa Tagg|
|Bethany Turner||Jayme H Mansfield||Mesu Andrews|
|Carole Towriss||Jean C. Gordon||Mikal Dawn|
|Carrie Turansky||Kimberley Woodhouse||Misty M Beller|
|Cathy Gohlke||Kristi Ann Hunter||Roseanna M. White|
|Connilyn Cossette||Kristin Noel Fischer||Ruth Logan Herne|
|Dawn Crandall||Lindsay Harrel||Sandra Ardoin|
|Deborah Giusti||Lindsey Brackett||Stephenia H. McGee|
|Elaine Stock||Lisa Cox Carter||Susan May Warren|
|Erica Vetsch||Lisa Jordan||Toni Shiloh|
|Eva Marie Everson||Mary Connealy||Tracey J Lyons|
Last year, I discovered that authors are just as excited to go as a reader to a reader event. And why not? We’re avid readers, too.
What do you do there?
When I went in 2017, I was so impressed with how the event went. It was like a spiritual retreat mixed with a reader’s dream. We had awesome times of worship, a devotional, speakers who glorified God, and we prayed together, authors prayed with me. It was an amazing spiritual refueling.
In addition to the spiritual side of things, we played games, won prizes, asked questions, fan-girled (I swear I wasn’t the only one), and came home with these awesome bags filled with books, reader swag, and awesome goodies. It was an amazing time.
(First Photo by EA Creative Photography)
What does Registration include?
The Registration Fee for the Main Event (April 6, 2019, 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM) includes: :
- Entry to the 2019 Christian Fiction Readers Retreat (CFRR) Main Event on April 6, 2019, which includes (3) speaker sessions, at least (2) author panels, breakout sessions and the opportunity meet and chat with authors, and fellow readers.
- Author signing at the end of the day to chat with authors and fellow readers
- A goody bag full of swag from authors, publishers, sponsors and CFRR
- Light breakfast
- Afternoon snack
- All day non-alcoholic beverage service
- Tons of chances to win giveaways donated by authors and sponsors throughout the day
- One entry into the Grand Prize of the event
- Entry to the 2019 Christian Fiction Readers Retreat (CFRR) Meet & Greet Event on April 5, 2019. It will start at 6:00 PM and run through 8:00 PM or later.
- Please note, the reserved space for the Meet & Greet have limited capacity, and therefore ticket sales will be closed once capacity is met. It will not accommodate all guests for the main event.
- Non-alcoholic beverages and light snacks will be served by the hotel. Guests are welcome to purchase additional food (only) from the hotel restaurant and bring it to the Meet & Greet.
- A relaxed schedule will be posted closer to date.
So what are you waiting for? This is an event you DO NOT want to miss if at all possible. Visit the Christian Fiction Reader’s Retreat Website and register, ASAP. Last year the spots filled up before the Registration Deadline.
- Readers’ Registration Begins – April 30, 2018 at 11:00 AM EST
- Readers’ Registration Deadline – September 20, 2018 or until capacity reached (whichever comes first)
- Hotel Room block Deadline – March 15, 2019 or until block capacity reached (whichever comes first)
- 2019 Christian Fiction Readers’ Retreat – April 5 – April 6, 2019